Prayer Ministry“How can we pray for you?”
Check out what’s happening now!
With God’s continued guidance, the Prayer Ministry strives to:
• Grow spiritually in our Christian faith
• Pray to God and follow Jesus’ ministry and teachings
• Work together in prayer to support Hope’s congregation
• Use the gifts God gives each of us to pray for physical, mental, and spiritual healing
in the name of Jesus Christ
• Practice techniques and methods for praying with others
• Prayer Chain: prayer requests are either called into, or e-mailed to the church office.
The requests are confidentially shared with and prayed for by the Prayer Ministry, Church Council, and Hope staff.
• Prayer Care Cards: greeting style cards are sent to the recipient at the request of someone from Hope.
• Prayer Shawl Ministry: crocheted or knitted shawls are prayed for while being made, and are blessed before a person receives the shawl as a gift.
• Prayer Vigils: three-hour prayer vigils are periodically offered.
• Prayer Book: names are written in the Sunday morning prayer book, and are prayed for during worship, as well as through the week.
• Centering Prayer: Some Prayer Team members are learning and regularly practicing Centering Prayer.
To learn more about Hope’s prayer ministry, contact Church Office.
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.- John 15:7 NRSV